Thursday, January 10, 2013

Our Cross-Country Adventure - Day 1:

We left Eminence on January 8 and began our cross-country adventure.  Before we even got out of Eminence we were already behind a tractor.  Three and a half hours we got the chance to meet Laura and Neil in Nashville at the Loveless Cafe.

Chelsey enjoyed a brisket sandwich while I went for the more traditional fried country ham with red-eye gravy, fried green tomatoes and biscuits.  No way I was leaving the south without having some country ham on the way out.

Three hours later we hit Arkansas and three hours after that I was enjoying catfish and frog-legs at the Flying Fish in Little Rock.  If anyone ever gets to Little Rock I would highly recommend this hole in the wall.  The decor consists primarily of photographs of customers with fish they have caught.  The cuisine was awesome and made me know that I was in Arkansas.  

No comments: