Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday's Five

5.  Around the dinner table, the sisters were commenting on my rosy complexion, and about how the Paraguay sun suited me.  I thanked them, and confessed that I was also wearing pinta on my caro. "Oh, she's a trampe!"

Found out later, after asking the awkward question, "Umm... Did you just call me a prostitute?" that it means I'm a cheater.

4.  Last Sunday (maybe four Sundays ago, who knows?) was Election Day.  Here are Maria and Christian sporting their fresh ink.



3.  On any given trip out of the house, you are fairly likely to see a man relieving himself in the street.  Going to church last night, we saw two.  Need to go?  Just pull right over (or, more likely, stop the vehicle in the middle of the road), put the hazard lights on, step right out and go.  There's no need to make an effort to conceal your behavior by, say, using the car to block the view... just go.



2.  Katie and Emily are on their way!  They managed to cram all the goodies that were generously donated into enormous bags and get them into the country this morning.  (Muchas Gracias to American Airlines for waiving the bag fees!)  Their fifth and final leg of the trip is a six-hour bus ride from Asuncion to Encarnacion.  It's sad, but the last photo of us together is at my wedding in 2010.  




1.  Dogs and porcupines do not mix.  Our dogs, Fida and Alma fought porcupine and I'm pretty sure the porcupine won.  We ended up at the vet's office at midnight plucking needles from their faces, noses, tongues, inside their mouths, and between their teeth.  Un desastre!





No comments: