Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday's Five

Luciano and his mother, after his meal.
5. "I didn't know whether to look or not...so I just stared." Brammell reflecting on our visit with Luciano and his mom during Luciano's lunch.

4. Tarantula count to date: 5.
I'm breaking the rules by posting this. Sr. Ylse told me not to tell or else our families won't want to visit.

Giant Spider #1
















3. "Brammell, will you go ask that boy in the bathroom if he needs help?" B: "He says he's fine, but all I could see of him were his head, feet and hands. The rest of him is sunk down in the toilet."

2. Brammell pauses, deciding whether or not to place a piece of cake in front of a sleeping Sister at the dinner table. The whole room looks up and in a moment of knowing awkwardness, we simultaneously attempt to keep our composure. Some with more success than others.

1. We had our first lesson with our new Spanish teacher, a sweet local girl in her first year teaching English in high school. She asks us, "my students always say, whatthefuck. What does that mean?"

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'll still visit but if you find me sleeping with a can of Raid in one hand and a knife in the other, this is why.

Dustin said...

EARMUFFS!!!!

I can't believe my mother just read that word.