Wednesday, April 24, 2013

More from Jardin

My boy Edu got himself some new yellow ropas.  Now if I were a good teacher, I probably wouldn't compare him to Winnie the Pooh.  If that we're the case, however, you would never get to enjoy these photos as much as I do.



In other news, Maestra Gladys is still not better, and B and I are becoming champs at improvising in Jardin.  I say improvising, because what we do can most definitely not be considered teaching.

Brammell is really great at working with the children.  Me, I'm getting better at not vomiting when I have to wipe the behinds of the girls in my class.  As much as I love my beautiful niece and nephews, I somehow managed never to have changed a diaper.  Now, I spend most of my mornings in el baño with a bunch of three-year olds that I barely even know.

I'm telling you, these are the most regular human beings in the world.  I have six girls, and they average six cosas segundas per day.  Did I mention that the school day is only three hours long?  One girl went three times this morning, and twice yesterday.  I finally broke down and bought some baby wipes.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much (for many reasons, but for one), because Brammell was in charge of cleaning up the gallon of pis in the floor and all over one niño this morning.  The kid screamed, "Muchacho" at Brammell and then started emptying his bladder in his pantalones.  All we could do was watch as the puddle beneath his feet grew larger and larger.  ("Terminaste?"  "...No")  He saturated every item of clothing including his shoes.  Pobre niño.  Pobres Chelsey y Bill.  

No comments: